Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DAY 1 "Under a Bridge for the BAY"

Mother Teresa once said

"We can not do great things; only small things with great love" 

The reoccurring questing I've been asked over the past week is....Why? 

Why a bridge?  Why now?  Why not have a normal fundraiser?  Why for a skatepark?  Why would anyone give money for this?

My answer has been same through out,  I love these kids and I am willing to sacrifice for the things I love the most...and now I want the community of Lincoln to see how special these kids are.

For the past 8 years I have worked with students, families and youth from all walks of life.
The rich, middle class, poor, educated, drop outs, homeless and hopeless...and my mindset has been the same through out.  Kids need someone who believes in them enough to fight for them. 

Last night was my first night sleeping "Under a Bridge for the BAY"
The news said it dropped down to 7 degrees last night...it only took about an hour for me to realize a couple things....it was cold....I was alone...and this whole things was gonna be one of the craziest things I've ever done. 

I'm currently sitting at the BAY watching some of my favorites skate...imma about to grab my board and go skate back to the bridge that is quickly being referred to as "home"...

If you're reading this blog and want to donate to the kids/families that I'm sleeping under a bridge for you can do that one of two ways

www.bay198.com and donate through PAYPAL

or

Stop in and see me and my kids at BAY 198, its located in Westfield Gateway Mall (right by Sears)

I'll will be sleeping outside...wind, rain, snow..whatever until i reach my goal of $10,000 in scholarship money so kids that wanna skate....can. As i prepare myself for my second night outside I keep telling myself this one simple truth, these kids are worth it.  Worth every bit of wind and snow...worth every minute of sleeplessness or frustration.  I love the BAY...it's been a dream of mine for a long time, and now its time for me to sacrifice for one of the things i love most, my only hope is that if you're reading this you would be willing to sacrifice something too.

Stay warm, spread that word...and thanks for your support


Mike

1 comment:

  1. What you are doing is amazing! Keep it up dude. (:

    ReplyDelete