Thursday, March 3, 2011

DAY 2

Day 2,

“Sacrificing your happiness for the happiness of the ones you love, is by far, the truest type of love.”


 I stumbled across this quote this morning just after I came out from under the Bridge and it has been running through my mind all day.

Last night was my 2nd night "Under a Bridge for the BAY" and while it was significantly less cold, one reality has really settled in...this is going to take a while.

We are currently around the $2,500 dollar mark, that means we have $7,500 to go...

I spoke with an elderly couple today when i got to the mall, they dropped off a $5 donation and told me that they wish they could do more and that they were proud of me.  It was really cool to see people who have never had anything to do with skateboarding believe in what we're doing.  If you are reading this and blog and have already donated I just wanted to say from all of us at the BAY THANK YOU!!!

So many of you have blown this up on Facebook, re-posted it, text and called.  That is how we will get this done, all of you getting the word out and believing in what we are doing for our kids at the BAY. 


Tomorrow morning I will be on the radio at 7:15
Jack & John in the Morning
Lincoln's News & Talk, 1400 KLIN (that's an AM station for all you reading this under 25yrs old)

The Governor is going on right after me tomorrow morning, I am going to see if I can talk to him about what we're doing, could hurt right :)

Take care, stay warm...spread the word and help me get out from Under a Bridge for the BAY!

Cheers

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment