Wednesday, March 9, 2011

ONE WEEK

It was one week ago i started sleeping "Under a Bridge for the BAY"

Last night a couple of my friends stopped down to check out the bridge, see where i've been sleeping...and bring me some Delion burritos...not a bad night at all.
You know the crazy thing about the BAY is that, its solely run on volunteers.
We don't have any "employees" I dont get a salary or take whats left over at the end of the month (not that there is ever anything to take haha)  I do it because its important to me, i do it because Lincoln needs it. 

I really want to thank all of you for all the support and help you've given me so far!
We've got hair stylist putting out jars in their salon to raise money, kids have emptied piggy banks, waitresses have give an entire night of tips, I've gotten hand warmers from a friend i haven't talked to in almost 10 years, I know that the "god father of Nebraska skating" aka Phil from the P...is going to spend at least one night down there with me....and so many more stories!

Thank you all who have posted it on FB, emailed it to co-workers and families, and given money yourselves.
I hope you keep posting, keep getting the word out about how important these kids are to our community!


We've raised close to $4,000 so far...
only $6,000 to go!
Pretty amazing!

donate at http://www.bay198.com/


Cheers


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment